Saturday, June 13, 2015

Obama Presidency at Crossroads.

What does President Obama's failure to get Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) passed say about ultimate passage of (Warning! Acronym attack) TPP, the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the president's secret trade deal? The Quasi's in particular say TAA's failure as good as kills TPP. TAA is linked to TPP through TPA, i.e. Trade Promotion Authority (TPA), i.e. fast-track authorization. The knee bone's connected to the thigh bone; the thigh bone's connected to the hip bone, & etc. I say TAA will pass next week. I say that since TPA passed once but Democrats went wooly in the knees Friday (the vote against TAA was, in effect, a revote against TPA), once a New! Improved! TAA passes the TPA and TAA bones will once again be connected and from there TPP will pass on accounta it's secret and legislators don't know what the hell is in it so they'll say, "Okay." That's what I says, says I. Plus-one for Obama's Legacy.

What does Friday's bird pump say about the Iran negotiations? They're up June 30 and there are tons of unconnected bones there, including one of John-John's. Those irksome legislators have some say there too, in the Senate. I say P5+1+Persia T'AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Minus-one for Legacy.

ACA, aka Obamacare, has another meaningful date with the Supremes this month. Some red states refused to participate, didn't set up marketplaces, are their citizens covered by the federal sweep of the law or if you're red, you're dead? Eenie-meanie, miney-moe...I'll go with another plus-one.

And finally, Dream Act, temporary immigration amnesty. The Obamas lost first before a single Texas judge, about which ruling they were just arrogantly dismissive, the dumb hillbilly, then lost before a 3-judge appellate court (in Texas though so, you know) which just made them apoplectic, Obama was so pissed he tried to join one of those wacko Waco biker gangs but was rejected on accounta he was blackish. Plus-one.

Obama wins this four-game series 3-1, says I, but if I were a betting man (and I am) I wouldn't put no money down on that prediction. If Obama loses by two or more he joins ISIS. I like the "Warriors" in game 5 and I'll put down a cool $2 on that one.