Sunday, July 19, 2015



I have a question. I have a question which, since I am a lawyer, I will, I believe I must, I think the Bar compels me to, introduce with a longish preamble. Have you noticed how Barack Obama has been liberated the last several months? (That's preamble, that's not the question.) Yeah, he is "stepping out," he's being the, or more of the, real Barack Obama. He's in the last year and change of his presidency, he didn't become president "to do school uniforms," and he's decided to do Big Stuff on his own: immigration, fuck the Republicans; trade, fuck the Democrats; foreign policy, fuck pretty much everybody but especially Putin and Netanyahu. He's doing the stuff in his last two years that is important to him personally. So: Iran deal, Cuba deal, Black people, some changes to NSA. If he was ever clinically depressed he ain't now. Thrown caution to the wind, baby; lettin' it all hang out. End preamble.

Question: Why doesn't Obama start a conversation with the American people about religion? How about a debate with a fire-breathing mullah who interprets the Koran differently than he does? He and Bush43 have preached to the American people that "the war is not with Islam," that "Islam is a peaceful religion," they have preached and they have preached to the American people, in my opinion to indoctrinate us. Obama is always calling on Americans to have a "discussion on race." I don't know how many fucking discussions we have had on race over the years but it's been a few! Could we have a discussion, not more preaching at Iftar dinners, no more one sentence ambushes, a discussion, a debate even, on religion? That would be Big Stuff! You can look it up, I've been calling for that for 13 years too--It has never happened, by the way. A debate, one fucking debate; Obama and one of those Wahhabi mullahs in Saudi Arabia or some Pakistani fire-eater. Could we do that? That's my question. Good night. Islam, fuck you.