Tuesday, November 29, 2016

'It's back to reality now.' Why Leicester City are struggling in the Prem-ESPNFC


Was it not real?

What the fuck happened in 2015? Leicester was another thing I could not believe was happening. Like Trump. Starting in 2015, Leicester won the damn league and Trump won the damn presidency! Brexit was on the immediate horizon, the dad note incident was jolting me and the Rorty monograph was coming. Honest to God, ell's and gee's, I have had the thought pass through my head, "Maybe I'm dead." "Maybe I'm in a coma. Maybe I got in a car wreck in 2015 and am not really here."

"We are fighting in a relegation battle."
     -Claudio Ranieri

The defending champs!

I knew Leicester was going to suck this year. They are in 14th place, 13 points, a point a game, two points away from relegation. W-H-E-R-E  T-H-E-Y  B-E-L-O-N-G. Where they should have been had they not taken some frigging magic potion.

"I don't think we will be allowed a Christmas party at this rate."
      -Danny Simpson, Leicester player.

Or like that. Most everybody else had some one-off party in never-never land, a Cinderella Ball, and it all went away when the clock struck midnight. I'm one of those who was not invited and had to watch from terra firma.

"Jamie Vardy hasn't scored for Leicester since the 4-1 defeat against Liverpool on Sept. 10..."

That is the real Jamie Vardy. Know how many goals he scored the year before Leicester won the league?



Know how many he has scored so far this year?


Know how many he scored in between, in 2015?

24!

The glass slipper came off. The magic potion wore off. Something. Something not real.

What in the name of God came over the world in 2015?