Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Have you ever thought what you'd be thinking about if you knew you were dying? I think about that sometimes. I would be really bummed out. Some people are not! The grandfather of a friend of mine was on his death bed, my friend asked him, "Grandpa, what are you thinking about?" His grandfather replied, "I'm not thinking about the stock market!" Love that one.

My grandmother, in the years leading up to her death, kept saying, "I'm so tired, Benjamin." My mother was thinking about a premonition she had had throughout her life. My dad didn't know he was dying, we didn't tell him.

Guys who make that final charge in battle, supposedly, they're thinking about their loved ones.

I guess it depends how close you think you are and if you're in pain. Like, I'm not in any pain and I was just listening to the country music station that my daughter and I used to listen to before she went to college and I was thinking, "I'm dying" (I'm not) and then I thought, "I'm not going to be able to listen to country music anymore." Not even Bach. Weird. I'm not a country music aficionado either, had never heard the song before and it didn't particularly grab me. I was bummed, though. I don't think I'm going to be thinking about country music when I'm really dying but I think I'll be bummed.