Friday, February 14, 2020

No, that was a Trumpian knee-jerk reaction. This is a serious matter and there is zero doubt in my mind that City broke UEFA's rules. It is also the second time that City have been found in breach of UEFA regulations. Reassessing my loyalty to City:

1) It is not a crime to have hidden the real source of sponsorship revenue.
2) It is not morally wrong.
3) City is guilty as sin of: accounting fraud, rule-breaking, and cheating a system rigged against it: Uefa's blatantly anti-City, anti-PSG "Financial Fair Play" protocols instituted to protect established soccer royalty (e.g. Man-U, Barca, Madrid) from detritus like us.
4) Still, if you want to play you have to pay.
5) The stupidity of City's breach is the most embarrassing thing to me. The leaked emails that Der Spiegel got were in practical import signed confessions. How do you put that in email?
6) So if City hadn't gotten caught would my loyalty have remained just as intense? It did. The Der Spiegel info has been available for over one year. It did and it does.

Okay, I have reassessed:

I am City born and City bred,
And when I die I'll be City dead.
When you cut us villains
We don't bleed red
Our blood is blue
So fuck you too.