Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Sleeping Sun, first impressions, cont.

The lyrics are perfect. "I wish I could go down with the sun/ sleeping/ weeping/with you."

The sun is sleeping quietly
Once upon a century
Wistful oceans calm and red
Ardent caresses laid to rest

For my dreams I hold my life
For wishes I behold my night
The truth at the end of time
Losing faith makes a crime

I wish for this night-time
to last for a lifetime
The darkness around me
Shores of a solar sea

Oh how I wish to go down with the sun
Sleeping
Weeping
With you
[Perfect accompaniment for the event.]

Sorrow has a human heart
From my god it will depart
[I heard "Oh" my God]
I'd sail before a thousand moons
[Indian, i.e. Native American? That could be! She just does not look American, Native or otherwise to me.]
Never finding where to go
[The subject was trying to get to a specific point, do you remember where?, but never got there.]
...
Two hundred twenty-two days of light
[That cinches it for me. The land of the midnight sun. Some land. Way up North. Scandinavia, Russia. She looks more Russian to me.]
Will be desired by a night
A moment for the poet's play
Until there's nothing left to say

I wish for this nighttime x2

Anyway: perfect musical accompaniment--the classically-trained voice lends a seriousness, a "depth," that is commensurate with the event; my best guess is that Nightwish is Russian, that the music video was filmed in Russia; dramatic song, no? Music, lyrics. Both haunting. Perfect in every way for the subject. Okay, those are my impressions. Let's see if I can find out anything about her to confirm or to  confirm me a fool...