Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Song Binbin: The Apology. By Google Translate.

Today was very happy to have this opportunity to meet teachers and classmates.Thank you for coming, thank you, I can hear some forty years later to say the truth.
  Women's High School of the Cultural Revolution, from June 2, 1966 I participated in the first poster posted beginning, posters not only undermine the normal order of the school, more spread and hurt many teachers. So, I would first like when all the teachers and students in the school's apology.
  I was one of the students who will be responsible on behalf of the working group into the school after the appointment, a week after the withdrawal of the working group, the violent death 卞校长 8-5 events occurred on campus. I went twice and Liu large playground and backyard deter onlookers saw the students scattered, and thought nothing would happen, and he is gone. Therefore, I Bianxiao Zhang unfortunate victims are responsible. I was thinking more of a working group made a mistake, we also followed a mistake, worry about what others accuse himself "fighting against the mafia," so strong they can not go on Bianjiao Chang and school leaders to stop resorting to violence. Second, we lack basic knowledge of the Constitution and legal awareness of citizens do not know the constitutional right to be protected, liberty inviolable. For human rights, collective indifference to life, led to the tragedy of the victims Bianxiao Chang.
  Please allow me to express in this permanent memorial and apology Bianxiao Chang, did not protect the school leadership, is my lifelong pain and remorse.
  Cultural Revolution was a catastrophe, which I also have a personal interest.August 18, 1966, I offered to Chairman Mao in Tiananmen Square a red armband. Mao asked me "What's your name ah?" I said called Song Binbin. "? Bin is gentle yet," I said: "Yes." Mao said:. "To arms Well," Guangming Daily reporter to the school after the interview, asked me to write the article, I said a few words on that, nothing to write , then there are other students present.
  Unexpectedly, August 20, 1966 "Guangming Daily" published an article, "I wear red armbands to Chairman Mao." Signed to Wu Song, Song Binbin parentheses. August 21, "People's Daily" article reprinted immediately known. Within a few days, violence swept the country, not only caused countless breakup, loss of life, but also brought the national spirit, culture and heavy economic losses. The real history is I never changed his name to Wu Song, our school has never changed his name to "Red to Wu School."
  For over 40 years, there are two different Song Binbin: a teacher students' understanding of Song Binbin, the other is to become the symbol of the violence of the Cultural Revolution, "Song to Wu." I would like to take this opportunity to learn in front of my teachers also say that I did not at the beginning of the Cultural Revolution organization, involved in any violent activities, including house searches, beatings, intentional injury teachers and classmates.
  I am a 2003 return. After coming back, participated Liu, 叶维丽 early events such as the Cultural Revolution of the school's investigation. In this decade, seen and visited 梅树民 teacher, the teacher when Liu Xiuying, Li Songwen teacher, my teacher Zhao Keyi Cultural Revolution, many teachers and school teachers and students. This process is facilitated my reflection on the Cultural Revolution.
  We have on different occasions for teachers and school leaders to express an apology, and teachers often tolerant understanding let me be educated. For example, in the anti-rightist movement and the Cultural Revolution are deeply hurt Zhu West teacher, told us: "Song Binbin to Wu Song victimized because she did not do these things, do not have any burden, or we suffer a lifetime, and you suffer a lifetime . "Li Songwen teacher in 8-5 night, as soon as possible in order to allow the hospital Bianxiao Zhang, lead signature secured, forty years later, in order to clarify the facts, once again testify. Liu Xiuying, 梅树民 two teachers for our existing harsh criticism, but also a sincere love, for our audit survey article word for word mark, this love lasted until the end of their lives. If they are able to participate in the meet, which will be more than happy ah. I hope heaven teacher can hear our sincere apologies and thanks.
  I was admitted to the female middle school in 1960, and from youth to youth, my life is the most critical years spent in the female middle school teacher, and his alma mater, left me a lot of good memories. In six years, the teachers to teach patience, and establish the basic character and moral bottom line of my life. After the Cultural Revolution, his alma mater, adhere to the principle prove my innocence, but also the teachers encouraged me to be realistic, honest forthright to spend their twilight years. Reflections of my life, although bumpy turns, had this kind of mistake, but I can responsibly comfort comfort alma mater teacher: I do not live up to your teachings, his life and abide by the "serious work, clear vain man" principle .
  Today, I can face the year teachers and their families over the years I have always wanted to say but did not say it, because I feel that my personal grievances suffered, the pain is nothing, it is important that a country toward what the future depends largely on how she faced her past. If you forget the tragedies of the past, forget the mistakes of the past, may also be a repeat of the tragedy, the error may also be repeated. No truth no reflection. Similarly, it does not reflect the truth inaccessible. I hope that all have done wrong during the Cultural Revolution, hurt teachers and students who can face themselves, reflect on the Cultural Revolution, and seek forgiveness, reconciliation, I believe it is everyone's desire.
  I want to say again, I'm sorry! Said the sound again, thank you teachers! Thank alma mater!