Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Benjamin Harris on Song Binbin,The Apology, Translation.

Reactions? Well, thank you, I don't mind if I do. This section here:

…I was one of the student representatives in charge when the (government-sent) work team came to our school.  Only one week after the work team was asked to leave campus did the August 5 Incident take place in which Principal Bian was violently killed. Liu Jin and I went to the sports ground two times in an effort to stop the violence. When we saw the excitement-watching students were beginning to leave, believing nothing serious was going to happen, we left, too. Therefore, I am responsible for the unfortunate death of Principal Bian. 

That section there reminds me of the Rodney Dangerfield-Frank Sinatra joke:

"Yeah, yeah, Frank's a good guy, saved my life once. Yeah, two guys were beating me up, Frank came over, said to them, 'Arright, that's enough.'"