Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Epidemic Trump

En passant, there's a report on CNN tonight quoting six CDC officials saying, in the words of one, that the agency has been "muzzled" by Trump. Speaking of the French language, speaking in the French language, there was a book, oh maybe twenty years ago by a guy with a French name, Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson, who accused Sigmund Freud of the suppression of the truth of the seduction theory. Suppression of the truth is "what's coming" and what has come as Trump's strategy in dealing with the carnage of the Trump Epidemic. Anyway, that little aside to show off my worldliness and my facility in the French tongue which I got from playing chess not from the French classes I took at Northern Cambria High School...

We have been faithfully tracking the carnage of Epidemic Trump for, what, has it been two months, back to March 20-something? Um, I don't think that long but anyway, let's test our prognostication skeels. What do you think Chief WaPo's seven-day trend lines for cases and deaths are going to look like tonight-o? I'll go first. So last night the undersigned termed the little tails of the last 2-3 days "bad news." Last night's seven-day cases average included May 13-19. Looking at last night's map May 13 was a relatively low day for Trump Virus cases. For tonight's average May 13 is OUT. The seven-day line tonight is for cases May 14-20. May 14 was a relative high day for cases. In fact May 14 was the day with the highest number of cases since May 8. Taking out one of the lowest days recently, May 13, and starting with one of the highest days, May 14, our seven-day progno will be complete with one additional progno, today's count. What do we think today will be? I think it's going to be about the same, maybe up a little over May 19 but not quite as high as May 18. And with that I'm ready to predict. I predict that the cases tail is going to point UP tonight, which I predict with a high degree of confidence, and which is bad news.

Now--I haven't checked yet, I swear!--what about Deaths? The Deaths tail of the last two or three days seven-day average was pretty much a flat line. For tonight's prediction we again take out May 13, the second-highest day for Deaths since May 7. And we start with May 14, the highest day for Deaths since May 7. But there is a significant trough May 16-18 that would be weighted more that May 13, second-highest, is gone. Yesterday saw a Great Leap UP in Deaths over the previous two days and I predict that today's count will be lower than May 19's, probably significantly lower. Boy, this is harder than cases. That peak May 14, that trough May 16-18, that K2 yesterday, all depends on today's count it seems to me...shit; okay what the hell, I am going to predict a continuation of the flat line.

Cases first, answer is!


Oooh son of a fucking shit fuck piss, SHIT! The seven-day tail of cases went DOWN! And WITH a HIGH DAY FOR CASES TODAY! The bad news is I SUCK at prognostication of cases. The good news is that is GOOD NEWS.

That hurt my confidence for Deaths. Arright Deaths, give it to me:
Down. Slightly, but clearly down--which is good! Who cares if I personally BLOW as a prognosticator, lower Deaths is GOOD. Off TWO high days also. I am gobsmacked. Four relatively high peaks with a three-day trough betwixt them. Four is greater than three. Oh fuck it...I mean, WOW! How WONDERFUL, HUH?

WITH THE CAVEAT THAT THE LINES BEATS THE BARS I'm curious what the Johnnies show happened today in cases and deaths. It becomes our disagreeable duty to report that the cumulative total of people infected with Trump Virus tonight surpassed the population of the City of Brotherly Love which maybe they have not been socially distancing as they should, the eighth largest city in the country-formerly-known-as.

1,551,102 Cumulative, actives, recovereds, in cemeteries. Now "thinking" like Trump, that's a "badge of honor."

Wear the Badge! Wear the Badge!

93,416 Total number Killed by Trump. I did predict that correctly. Last night the number whacked by Trump was just shy of the pop of Carson California. Next up on the list at 92,000+ was Asheville, NC, where my baby girl went to college, I texted her last night that Trump would "easily" kill off all of A-ville today and he did that and then some. In fact in the last 24 Trump passed Deltona, FL, Asheville, Menifee, CA,--He passed Miami Beach?! Swine. He passed Miami Beach a couple nights ago. Gettin' personal.--Lawton, OK, Edmund, OK, Greenville, NC, and Fishers, IN. Fishers, Indiana, pop 93,362 is the latest notch on Trump's belt. Wonder what Fishers, Indiana looks like. Fishers Indiana looks like,

Little boxes
On the hillside
And they're all made 
Out of ticky tacky



Or, like "suburban hell," as Reddit puts it. Well, at least Fishers, Indiana is Dead. Now, following Trump "logic" if we hadn't tested all those people they wouldn't be dead.

6.02% Trump Kill efficiency. 0.04% off his all-time high.